It's National Blueberry Muffin Day and we are definitely celebrating here at the Eat the Bear offices. We got a little creative with our Grass-Fed Blueberry Muffin whey protein powder. Here are two of our favorite recipes we have found.
Blueberry Muffin Parfait
Blueberry Muffins :
1C all purpose flour (we used Gluten Free)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cane sugar + more for topping
1/2C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2tsp apple cider vinegar
1/3C sunflower seed butter
1/4C vegan butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line your muffin tray.
2. In a small bowl mix your almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
4. Melt butter in a small bowl, and add your other wet ingredients including the almond milk mixture and stir well.
5. Add wet and dry ingredients together, be careful to not over mix. It should be lumpy and not smooth.
6. Stir in blueberries (keep a couple for toppings)
7. Pour mixture into the muffin pan. Fill about 3/4 of the way full.
8. Top each muffin with blueberries and sugar.
9. Place in over and bake for 20-23 minutes depending on oven.
10. Let cool completely
Makes 12 muffins.
Building the Parfaits:
Yogurt (we used Dairy Free Silk plain yogurt)
Start your first layer with yogurt (about 1/2C) then crumble a muffin on top. Continue layering until you fill the container. Top with blueberries and muffin crumbles
Vanilla Blueberry Cake Protein Pancakes
1/3C flour (we used Gluten Free)
2 egg whites
1/4C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp sunflower seed butter
2tbsp sugar free maple syrup
1. Heat skillet over medium high heat
2. In a blender or food processor, blend together egg whites, 1/4C almond milk, 1/4C blueberries and sunflower seed butter. Blend til smooth. Pour into mixing bowl.
3. Add 1/2 scoop protein powder and flour to mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth
4. Spoon about 1/4C of the pancake mix onto the skillet and cook each side until golden brown.
5. For jam, heat 3/4C blueberries and maple syrup in saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
6. Spoon jam over pancakes and enjoy!
Makes about 5-6 pancakes.